Just because I’ve decided to pursue acting, does not mean that I’m not afraid of it. Very, very afraid. But I believe most people starting out in their careers, whatever those may be, have fears around it. Going after what you want can be a scary thing. And that’s ok! It’s healthy to have these feelings. In fact, I think it’s an important part of the beginning stages.
These are some of my fears around acting:
- Will I ever become a successful actor?
- Will I ever make a living off of acting?
- Am I attractive enough?
- Am I good enough?
- Am I talented at all?
- Is my dream really a career or is it actually a hobby?
- Am I wasting my time?
- Are people judging me, as just another actor in LA who’ll never make it?
- Can I survive this lifestyle?
Some days are better than others. Sometimes I will feel so confident and know that no matter what I will achieve success. And other times all these fears creep in. But no matter how often I feel afraid, I never doubt my dream.
What are your fears?